Saturday, January 3, 2015

I would have made a terrible 1950s housewife....

Never mind the gender inequality, I can't stand housework.  As in, I will procrastinate to the ends of the earth to avoid it.  I could cook all day long if I had a magic box that I could drop dirty dishes into and clean dishes would be instantly transported back to their cupboards.

The fact that I hate housework so much means my house is a mess all the time.  Cleaning it for company is a nightmare.  And nothing is organized.  It's a stressor on me, it overwhelms my circuits.  I hate that things don't have proper homes.  I hate that things don't return to their homes when they do have one.

It goes back to some of my inattention; anything that requires planning gives me anxiety.  I have a bin in the cupboard at my work space that I have random office supplies in, and I would like to clean it out and organize it, but the idea of sitting down and trying to think through it gives me the willies. And that's just a 6"x6"x12" bin! I will even procrastinate by doing other housework to avoid organizing.

I have no idea how to solve this.  I feel like I'm always behind, like there's a giant wave behind me that will crash at any time, and I just manage to stay in front of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment