Friday, April 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Fenway Park

Fenway Park is celebrating it's 100th anniversary this year, and it got me thinking about my Red Sox memories.

I went to my first Red Sox game when I think I was in the fourth or fifth grade. I was playing over at my friend Heather's house when my mom called to have me come home. My dad had picked up four box seat tickets from the management at his company, and I was going with him, along with my uncle Vic and my cousin Matt.

The seats were fantastic, looking straight down the first base line. I remember very little about the game; I do remember we were playing the Texas Rangers, and we lost 8-4. (I could probably research the game date based on this info...maybe later.) I remember having fun and it being a happy memory. I have a nearly photographic memory of the view from our seats, but I don't remember if we ate anything there. My dad bought me a Red Sox painters cap (yes, it was the 80s!)

I've only been to a few Red Sox games since then, but they've all been fun. Fenway Park is really a wonderful place, and I'm happy that it's still around, even in these days of larger, more modern ball parks.

EDITED!

I think I found the game that I went to: April 17, 1984, so I would have been in 5th grade. Box score from Baseball-reference.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment