Saturday, June 23, 2012

Four hours till party kickoff!

Okay, I have to admit, I'm nervous.  I'm hosting my very first Tastefully Simple party, and I'm ready, but I'm still nervous, mostly that I won't be able to answer a question, or I'll get some part of the process wrong.

I'm not nervous about the food, however, that part was easy!  Yesterday I baked the Absolutely Almond Pound Cake and the Bountiful Beer Bread.  They came out perfectly, and I've been known to have issues with some loaf pan recipes.

This morning, I made the other products from the Party Food Kit.  It probably took me an hour of active time in total to make everything, but part of that was because I didn't let my cream cheese soften enough first and it took me a while to incorporate. 

Here's a pic of my final products.  We'll have the two loaves cut up into cubes, three dips, two cheese balls (one savory and one sweet), and the Artichoke and Spinach Warm Dip Mix, which I'll heat up right as the party starts.  I also have a few ready-to-serve samples that a party hostess would not have to prepare herself.  All of the instructions are clearly marked on the Party Food Kit packages, and I had no issues making anything.


Okay, need to finish cleaning the house!  That's probably the most difficult thing that someone hosting a Tastefully Simple party needs to deal with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment