Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Nothing like waiting 'til the last minute...

The exhibit hall drop off for the Bolton Fair starts in a little over 48 hours.  Last year I entered three jams and poppy seed kolache.  This year....I don't know.  I've been planning to make apricot braid kolache for the coffee cake category, and made time to make that tomorrow.  But for canning....I've only made strawberry jam so far this year, and its quality is average.  Everything else we've brought in for produce so far I've frozen (blueberries, cherries, raspberries, rhubarb, strawberries, peas).  Its too early for our tomatoes and peppers.  I'm thinking I may stop at a local farm and see what they've got for produce, maybe pickling cukes, or peaches, or something else and can from that.

Work has essentially been keeping me from thinking about this.  I submitted two proposals for customers for the NIH SBIR solicitation this week, and working on my Tastefully Simple business too.  I just updated my Tastefully Simple blog page, and am booking parties for the remainder of August and September.  I have a white paper and a few articles to get done for clients this week too.

And holy crap we have kittens!  We adopted them up about three weeks ago, and they are freaking adorable.  Dexter on the left, and Deedee on the right.  Deedee was the runt of the litter, and they weren't sure she would make it, but she's doing great.  She's noticeably smaller than Dexter, but she doesn't back down to him.  We've missed having cats in our house, and so glad to have them!

No comments:

Post a Comment