Friday, February 17, 2012

Be a Brave Girl and Heal Your Soul


I don't quite know where to start when it comes to Melody Ross, Brave Girls Club, and Soul Restoration. All three of these things have provided such joy, support, love, exploration, uplifting, and so much more.

Melody Ross has been a fixture in the world of scrapbooking for a long time, through her Chatterbox brand and through more recent partnerships with GCD and others. She is an absolutely gorgeous woman, but once you've started reading her blogs and watching her videos, you learn that she is a perfectly real and fragile human being just like all of us. She has a great family and lives in rural Idaho where the scenery is just amazing. However, her story is full of tragedy, heartache, and rebirth. I hope that I do get to meet her someday, like some of my Brave Girl friends have, and hug her and say thank you. More on why I have so much to thank her for later in this post.


Melody and her sister Kathy started Brave Girls Club for women who needed to be encouraged, to find like souls, and to create. You can sign up to receive Daily Truth emails, which are little bits of wisdom that have the gift of managing to speak to me in important ways every day. Brave Girls Club also includes an array of classes that include exploration of the self and of art. Their very first offering was Brave Girl Camp, where you could spend a few days with a few women at a lodge in Idaho, making art and learning about yourself.

Soul Restoration was the very first Brave Girl online course, and I was blessed to take the very first session of it in January 2011. I even remember when I found out about it via email or the web or something, and I thought, "I need this", and I registered right then and there. Soul Restoration (and now there are two parts, SR1 and SR2) absolutely and positively changed my life for several reasons:
  1. It helped me to think about myself in ways I hadn't thought of.
  2. It helped me to clean out my "soul house" and focus on what is important.
  3. It introduced me to art and paper crafting techniques I didn't know about or was afraid to try.
  4. It helped me to get out of the rut I was in.
  5. It introduced me to a community of amazing women that I am still close to a year later. I love my Soul Glue Girls!
If you feel like you are "stuck" in life, Soul Restoration will help you get unstuck. You have to make a commitment to yourself to do the work, answer the hard questions, and experiment with basic art techniques. The results are amazing. The next session of Soul Restoration 1 starts next week, Tuesday February 21st. Sign up, I promise you it will be amazing. At least sign up for the Daily Truths if you don't think you can commit to a class yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment