Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pork Miso Hot Pot

My husband gave me the book Japanese Hot Pots by Tadashi Ono and Harris Salat, and it has been so fun to read. The recipes look amazing! I tried out a crab hot pot twice and it was delicious. One of the basics of hot pot cooking is the cooking vessel. I had been using a stainless steel dutch oven that I already owned, but it wasn't quite right. It didn't hold the heat that well or distribute heat as evenly as a thicker walled vessel would.

I then decided to purchase this enamel-coated cast iron dutch oven:



I did find the same model at Target, but the Amazon price is $10 cheaper, and with Prime membership shipping was free.

Tonight I christened the dutch oven with a recipe from the above book: Pork Miso Hot Pot. Here's what it looked like right when I added the pork:
and again in my bowl.


Delicious, hearty meal!

Link

No comments:

Post a Comment